Here is a short list of some good safety tips for real estate agents
Being a real estate agent is a fun and profitable career field.
We are expecting to have a wonderful 2015 and we really care about our real estate agent friends.
Here are a few things to keep in mind so that you are safer as you do your daily real estate agent routine.
1. Verify new client’s info before meeting them at a home.
Make sure they are legitimate and a real person not somebody trying to mug or take advantage of you.
Don’t be afraid to ask for a reference and even check them out on social media real fast.
2. Be careful with your personal info.
You might want to consider using a free Google voice number on all of your advertising. That way if somebody
starts to bother you, you can just get a new number. Separate work calls from personal calls.
3. Use the buddy system for showing homes.
Whenever possible have somebody tag along with you when you meet new prospects at a home for a showing.
If you can’t find somebody to tag along, make sure you let a few friends know where you will be going and when
you expect to return.
It is a good idea to drive by the home before you meet with your clients so you can get a lay of the land.
While showing the home, keep that cell phone in your hand with an emergency contact on speed dial or open on
your phone and ready to dial.
4. Keep your client in site while showing the home.
It is best to walk behind them. It lets them feel like they own the place and you are at a safe distance.
Keep track of the exits should you need to use one.
5. Finally, take a self-defense class. Knowing a little self-defense can really help you out of a bad situation.
There is a good chance that if you are attacked and you retaliate, they will back down and leave you alone.
Trust your gut too. If you feel uneasy, leave. Don’t worry about upsetting you client.
Please keep these safety tips for real estate agents in mind before you run out and show your next home.
Here is to a safe and prosperous new year!
- How to Get Started as a Real Estate Investor - July 16, 2021
- Local Phoenix Real Estate Investor Wins “Best on Tour” - July 16, 2021
- Real Estate Investing Question: Should I Flip or Hold the Property? - July 16, 2021